Thursday, January 28, 2010

# 67: Genealogy Genesis

First, let me start out by saying that I accidentlly started with the #70 post first. Therefore, when you are reading my blog you will see that it goes from #70 to #67, #68, and then #69.

I have never studied my genealogy in the past, but have always been curious about doing so. My grand parents on my father side died before I was ever born and I have always wanted to know more about them. Several, years ago I came across some very old photo's in an old cedar chest of my parents. I discovered them after my father had passed away and my mother was never able to tell me who the people where, only that they where from my fathers side of the family. I am hoping in the next few modules I will be able to learn a way to research these photo's.

The first step that I would take would be visiting the library, I know from working there that we have many helpful books. Researching my last name and creating a family tree would be my second step and looking into obituaries and cemeteries would be the third.

No comments: